I recently received a new bag called the Paladin Mission Pack Expedition.
This is a larger capacity bag which could serve many purposes – from backpacking, camping, to a full-fledged “bug out” kit. Let’s get straight to the bags dimensions:
The Paladin Mission Pack, Expedition is comprised of:
- (1) large capacity main compartment
- 6 in. x 5.5 in. x 20 in.
- (2) large external pockets
- 3.5 in. x 11.5 in. x 7.5 in (upper external pocket)
- 5 in. x 13 in. x 11 in (lower external pocket, accepts a Paladin Mission Go Bag)
- (1) optional drop down pocket that can be retracted when not in use
- 9 in. x 13.5 in. x 10 in
- (2) internal ventilated mesh pockets
- Removable Back panel stiff board
- Double strap adjustment points (for easy use w/ Body Armor)
- Hydration: 100 oz (3 Liters) – bladder sold separately
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Material: 1000 Denier Nylon
- Weight: 5.4 lbs
- Color: Coyote Brown and Black
On with the review –
Purpose: As I already stated – this pack can be used for a variety of purposes. The manufacturer suggested use is as a 3-day to 5-day assault pack with its unique drop down mesh panel on the bottom.
With the size and carrying abilities – I see this pack as a great candidate for a survival kit or bug-out bag.
Construction: Constructed of 1,000 denier CORDURA® Nylon – which is very tough. All straps and surfaces that come in contact with your the body are padded. I am particularly impressed with the entire back side which is covered in a padded mesh material.
Padded shoulder straps along with well padded back and body provide a comfortable and stable carry – which would be very welcome for a decent hike. All straps are fully adjustable. The padded waist belt is simply awesome with a large polymer snap buckle.
Value/Price: At a $135.00 (current sale price) this is not the cheapest bag around. Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. This bag is for someone looking for versatility, adaptability, durability and quality. You will not find a bag of this quality at Wal-Mart.
Final Thoughts: If you are looking for a high quality bag for serious use – this is it. This would make a great addition to anyone’s survival stockpile. I highly recommend it.