In these troubling times of uncertainty – many people are seeing signs of things coming to a head.
With the massive violence and turmoil going on in the Middle East to the terrible and ever dangerous situation in Japan – along with the ripple of effects that are coming from both – it would be a good idea to shore up your preparations as rapidly as possible. If everything turns out just fine and dandy – great! If not – you will be glad to have taken action when you did.
Here we go:
- Food – Got food? Get more! Need some? Get some. Pretty simple.
- Water – Store what you can. Fill empty soft drink bottles. It is very inexpensive to buy spring or drinking water. Additionally -get a water purification system. The Berkey systems are great – you can also check out my Amazon store.
- Weapons – Weapons are a critical tool in a SHTF situation. Why? If you do not have weapons those that do will have your supplies – period.
- Medicine/Prescriptions– Keep your prescriptions current and stocked up. Consider talking to your doctor about increasing the qty in each prescription so you have extra at the end of the month. Can you take half the dosage safely so your supply will last half as long? Stock up on over-the-counter meds as well – cold medicines, pain relievers, first aid stuff, etc.
- Back Up Shelter -What if you have to vacate your home? Have a tent or two just in case.
- Cooking Methods-If the grid is down your microwave and stove will not work. Determine out how you will cook and prepare your foods. Store extra propane/charcoal for your grill. Ever cook with a dutch oven? Do you have a place to build a fire? Got a camp stove and fuel?
- Alternative Power -I am not talking about a giant wind mill and solar panels here. What I am talking about is having the ability to power “things” when needed. Look into setting up a couple of small solar panels with marine batteries and an inverter. Buy a small generator. How about batteries for flashlights and radio’s? Stock up now.
- Light Sources-Battery operated lanterns and flashlights are a no-brainer. How about oil lamps and plenty of extra oil. Have any candles? You can buy a bag of tea lights at your local dollar store cheap!
- Sanitation– You may not want to talk about it – but eventually you and everyone on your group are going to have to visit nature and do what must be done. Where will they go? How close to your living space? RV toilets can be purchased as well as camp toilets – check it out. Anti-bacterial lotions and sanitizers should be kept. Clorox is a must. Lysol should be stocked. Look at cleaning supplies you use every day and stock up. Buy lots of trash bags.
- Misc -Look at the things that you use every day – the list will be massive. Check this out.
As I mentioned before – there are many very intelligent and educated people that are seeing pieces of the puzzle falling together and the completed image is not good.
No better time than now to “boost up” your supplies.
Take care all –