Frequent readers will know that I am a huge fan of Amazon.com for purchasing preparedness stuff – as well as all kinds of other items. Low prices, huge selection, and Free Shipping on most orders is what has be coming back month after month. Amazon offers a Prime membership for $99 a year which provides benefits such as free 2 day shipping on most orders and thousands of TV and movies that can be watched on a computer, many game systems and Roku boxes.
What follows is a list of the Top 50 Budget Preparedness Items found on Amazon. The order really doesn’t matter. The point is for the budget-minded or someone looking to generate ideas – Amazon offers some great deals. Besides – clicking on any of the following links and making a purchase helps support this website. Thank you!
50. Magnesium Fire Starter – The silver portion of this product is magnesium which is a basic metal that self oxidizes (burns even when under water), and it gets incredibly hot, hot enough to start other metals on fire. You’ll shave a portion of that off with a knife and into a small pile on top off kindling and such. The amount that you shave off is dependent on how wet all your tender and kindling is.
49. Smith’s 2-Step Knife Sharpener – Small and portable knife sharpener. The thing just works. Great for a tackle box or survival kit.
48. P-51 Can Openers – A classic design that just flat out works. Don’t get caught with a can and no way of opening it.
47. Classic Survival Tool – Pretty cool multi-function tool which includes can opener, knife edge, screwdriver, ruler, 4 position wrench, butterfly screw wrench, saw blade, 2 position wrench, key chain hole, bottle opener, and direction auxiliary indication.
46. Esbit Folding Pocket Stove – Super portable stove which is excellent for boiling water in a jiffy with fuel cubes (included).
45. Mosquito Head Net – Keep those critters out of your eyes and ears – and still be able to see.
44. 300 lumen mini flashlight – Alright, probably not 300 lumens but these lights are bright and well worth the few dollars they cost.
43. Ultralight 3.9 oz. Folding Backpacking Stove – I have a couple of these and they can boil water within minutes. Awesome!
42. Mini-Compact 9V Battery Flashlight – What a fantastic idea and works incredibly well. A full 9V battery seems to last forever.
41. 2-pack Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery Packs – these are erect for recharging your cell phone when there is no outlet or USB available.
40. Black Widow Slingshot Powerful Strong Hunting Catapult – a classic “toy” that.
39. “Rite in the Rain” Pocket Notebook – all-weather notebook
38. Car Battery Terminal Cigarette Lighter Adapter Clip On Cable – very useful and you never know when you might need it. Cheap!
37. Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock – one of my favorite hammocks. Light and great quality.
36. Baofeng UV-5R Handheld Ham Radio – one of the best deals on Amazon….PERIOD!
35. Lee Fisher Bankline – spool of 745 feet – Paracord is not the end all of cordage.
34. Tenergy CR123 Batteries – Pack of 12 High performance lithium ion batteries at budget prices.
32. Windproof/Waterproof Matches in Sealed Case – The ultimate “Just in Case” survival item.
31. Pack of 10 Emergency Blanket – A classic preparedness item.
30. Cyalume Lightsticks – Pack of 10 – Great soft light source and morale booster for kids.
29. Emergency Mylar Survival Shelter for Two People – perfect for a survival kit of vehicle trunk
28. ProForce Commando Wire Saw – another classic survival item with many uses
26. Ian Sinclair CardSharp 2 Credit Card Knife – Really unique razor sharp knife the size of a credit card when folded.
25. Trustfire XML CREE 1000 Lumen Flashlight – 1000 lumens? No – closer to 500 or so. Regardless – this is a super bright and economical flashlight.
24. LifeStraw Water Filter – Perfect high performance water filter at a price anyone can afford. Stock up on several.
23. US Army Survival Manual FM 21-76 – Classic survival manual that should be sitting on the book shelf AND in the pack.
22. 11200mAh Battery Pack – Perfect high capacity battery pack for charging a variety of items such as cell phones and tablets.
21. 32 GB Flash Drive – back up family photo’s and important documents and take them on the go. Inexpensive insurance.
20. Pocket Fisherman – portable fishing system that many of us grew up using. Flat out works!
19. SE – Sling Shot – brings back so many childhood memories.
17. Plano Ammo Can – It’s not a military surplus 50 caliber can but it is lightweight and very useful.
16. MTM Survivor Can Underground Storage Container – affordable method to cache supplies.
15. Daisy .177 caliber pointed pellets – 250 pellets in one small, portable package.
14. Mora Outdoor Knife – legendary quality carbon blade.
13. Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System – weighs 2 oz. and filters up to 100,000 gallons. All for around $20.
12. SAS Survival Guide – world’s premiere survival manual.
11. Patriots: A Novel of Survival of the Coming Collapse – a standard book which all others are judged. There is a survival manual built in within the pages of this novel.
10. Smith’s 2-Step Knife Sharpener – very small and portable knife sharpener. Perfect for throwing in glove box or survival kit.
9. Cold Steel G.I. Tanto 7″ Knife – simply awesome knife. Super rugged with a carbon steel blade.
8. Emergency Whistle – can’t go wrong for around a buck.
7. UST Wet Fire Tinder – works fantastic.
6. Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight – Inexpensive and rugged red dot sight with great reviews.
5. Mess Kit – basic cook set. Lightweight and portable.
3. 9′ x 12′ Poncho – inexpensive and available in varying sizes. So many uses.
2. 100 Feet of 550 Paracord – Next to a knife, probably the most useful survival supply that exists.
1. Toilet Paper – Yup – toilet paper. If the S hits the fan your gonna need lots of toilet paper. Amazon has awesome deals on toilet paper.