Should probably do this more often as I am trying to put extra supplies back as often as possible. I get paid twice per month – 15th and 31st. I work to add a little of this and a little of that in a balanced approach.
I look to improve my position in a variety of areas however my purchases tend to be balanced. Rather than focus only on food until I am where want to be – I add to my beans, bullets and band-aides at the same time with a focus on my weaker areas.
Here are some additions to the stockpile recently:
- RedHead Waterproof Hiking Shoes – picked these up at Bass Pro Shops for $29.99. Review upcoming – so far so good.
- Foodstuff –
- Large cans of Bean & Bacon soup (my favorite!)
- 20 cans Chicken Noodle soup – Campbell’s
- 10 cans Tomato Soup – Campbell’s
- 2 canisters of Morton’s Salt
- 20 cans Del Monte corn
- 10 pounds Bread Flour
- Box of Instant Milk
- 4 cans of Powdered Whole Eggs
- Large #10 can of whole potatoes
- 48 pk of AAA alkaline batteries
- 48 pk of AA alkaline batteries
- Enhanced AR-15 Stock Wrench – need this to mount a single point sling on my AR
- Tasco 1 x 30mm Red Dot Sight – mounted on my newest Ruger 10/22
This is not everything. I am constantly picking up a little of this and a little of that. Ammunition – especially .22LR CCI Mini-Mag solid points – has been being added to the stockpile weekly. I have recently picked up some .30-30 Winchester for my old Winchester 94 – which needs some TLC.
What have you picked up recently?