Should probably do this more often as I am trying to put extra supplies back as often as possible. I get paid twice per month – 15th and 31st. I work to add a little of this and a little of that in a balanced approach.
I look to improve my position in a variety of areas however my purchases tend to be balanced. Rather than focus only on food until I am where want to be – I add to my beans, bullets and band-aides at the same time with a focus on my weaker areas.
Here are some additions to the stockpile recently:
- RedHead Waterproof Hiking Shoes – picked these up at Bass Pro Shops for $29.99. Review upcoming – so far so good.
- Foodstuff –
- Large cans of Bean & Bacon soup (my favorite!)
- 20 cans Chicken Noodle soup – Campbell’s
- 10 cans Tomato Soup – Campbell’s
- 2 canisters of Morton’s Salt
- 20 cans Del Monte corn
- 10 pounds Bread Flour
- Box of Instant Milk
- 4 cans of Powdered Whole Eggs
- Large #10 can of whole potatoes
- 48 pk of AAA alkaline batteries
- 48 pk of AA alkaline batteries
- Enhanced AR-15 Stock Wrench – need this to mount a single point sling on my AR
- Tasco 1 x 30mm Red Dot Sight – mounted on my newest Ruger 10/22
This is not everything. I am constantly picking up a little of this and a little of that. Ammunition – especially .22LR CCI Mini-Mag solid points – has been being added to the stockpile weekly. I have recently picked up some .30-30 Winchester for my old Winchester 94 – which needs some TLC.
What have you picked up recently?
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.