I am looking to make some serious strides in preparedness in 2015. Ryan does a great job of posting up his list and then following up on it. I am going to give a shot myself.
Note: Everything listed below is in addition to current supplies, skills levels, etc.
Shooting – This category relates to anything gun related.
- Run & Gun Course (Trainer: http://www.wolf-fire.com)
- .223/5.56 ammunition – 2000 rounds
- 9mm ammunition – 750 rounds
- 22LR – 5000 rounds
- 22 Magnum – 1000 rounds
- 12 gauge 00-buck – 150 rounds
- AR pistol with Sig brace
- bolt action rifle
Note: My priority is to increase support fr the firearms I already have rather than acquire new ones – unless they are compatible with ammunition and magazines in inventory. I won’t pass up a good deal if I find one. The AR pistol and bolt action rifle are low priority items.
Food – Food storage is ever a battle I wage with my wife convinced we have plenty and I believing we have not nearly enough.
- 50 pounds of rice in mylar bags
- 50 pounds of beans in mylar bags
- 20 pounds spaghetti in mylar bags
- 10 pounds potato flakes in mylar
- 10 cans – spaghetti sauce
- 50 cans – Whole Potatoes
- 24 cans – Corn
- 25 cans – Pineapple
- 15 cans – Fruit Cocktail
- 20 cans – Pear
- 20 cans – Peaches
- 30 cans – Beans, baked
- 30 cans – Beef Stew
- 10 canned Hams
Water – I have too much emphasis on filtration and not enough physical storage.
- Aquapod Water Storage System
- 15 cases of bottled water (24 bottles/case)
- 55 gallon drum of water
- Drop my weight down to 185 pounds(current 205)
- Eat clean, mostly low carb 90% of the time
- Improve cardio – enter a 5K
- Get Ham license
- Finish building expedient local Ham repeater
- Purchase mobile Ham radio for use as Base and Vehicle comms
- Increase Emergency Fund by $1000
- Work on increasing income via secondary sources
- Set up off-site Operational Cache
- Add to the “basics” supply – more candles, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, band-aids, duct tape, gun cleaning supplies, rope, etc.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please Like us on Facebook!!