Below is information on the current Guest Writing Contest……
Need Preparedness Supplies?
I am excited to announce another Survival & Preparedness Guest Post Writing Contest will be starting the October 7th and will last until November 30th. The best articles during the approx 8 weeks published will be rewarded with the following:
– – -GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE – – –
Dr Bones and Nurse Amy: Medium Trauma Bag (value $219 plus $15 shipping) and a Doom and Bloom(tm) Survival Medicine Handbook (value $35 plus $3 shipping) for a total of $272.00!!
The perfect Medium size Trauma Bag! It includes everything in the MINI Trauma Bag in increased amounts plus a LOT more. A loaded bag with tons of great first aid supplies, including an Israeli 6″ bandage, Celox (x2), a TK4 tourniquet, instruments, sutures, steri strips, burn jels and seemingly endless gauze materials. Best of all it provides your family with awesome natural remedies including cayenne pepper powder, silver first aid antimicrobial gel and RAW unprocessed honey . This bag is a quality Voodoo medical bag, with long lasting craftsmanship! It has a carry handle, shoulder strap and molle compatible straps. This is one bag you shouldn’t be without.
Grizzly Fire Starters: Grizzly Survival Fire and Stove ($37.95), along with a Grizzly Mini Survival Heater ($27.95) and to round this package out a 100 pack of fire starters ($119.00). Grand total is $184.90!!
The Grizzly Survival Fire and Stove comes complete with 14 Grizzly Fire Blocks, a combined burn time of at least 7 hours.
Boil water and cook emergency meals easily with this reliable method. The stove is reusable.
Store the Grizzly Survival Fire and Stove in your Auto, Boat, RV, Home – Take it Camping, Hiking, Hunting, Boating.
This Grizzly Mini Stainless Steel Heater is perfect for emergency heat.
Grizzly Fire Blocks are designed to provide optimum heat and burn time, in the smallest package. A special blend that is based on fully refined paraffin wax insures a reliable fire that will light wet or dry.
Ready Made Resources: Case of Mountain House Freeze Dried Food
6 #10 cans of Mountain House Freze Dried food are included. Value approx $124.00!!
and concluding the Grand Prize package……
Prepper Press -Prepper Press is providing ANY 5 books that they publish. Your choice!!
– – – 2nd PLACE – – –
Deadwood Stove Company is awarding the 2nd Place Winner with a…yup, you guessed it….A Deadwood Stove!!!!
Emergency Essentials: New! Mountain House Just In Case……. Classic Assortment Bucket ($70 value)
Contents: 2 Beef Stroganoff, 2 Chicken Teriyaki, 2 Beef Stew, 2 Lasagna with Meat, 2 Noodles & Chicken, 2 Granola with Blueberries.
- 100% Freeze-Dried (except Granola with Blueberries
- 6740 total calories
- 12 pouches per bucket – 29 servings
- 6 flavors
- Will last 25+ years if stored properly
- Packaged to remove on average 99.84% of oxygen (a main cause of food degredation)
- Bucket Dimensions: 10″ x 9.25″ x 13″ (L x W x D)
– – – 3rd PLACE – – –
Directive21.com – Mountain House Freeze Dried Food Bucket ($80 value)
FrogLube® is a revolutionary biodegradable lubricant made from ‘food-grade’ ingredients using a proprietary formula.
FrogLube® is a non-toxic cleaner that dissolves carbon on contact and suspends other fouling particles such as copper, lead, sand, dust and dirt found in gun barrels and deposited elsewhere in weapons.
It does this by “seasoning” the metal-which means it adheres deep into the pores which results in a durable slippery surface affect. This seasoning improves after repeated use until the gun metal, bore and surface areas reach a saturation level.
For this reason, it is best to apply FrogLube® when metal is warm, because heat causes expansion and opens the pores for more complete absorption. Seasoning is complete when additional applied FrogLube® is no longer absorbed. It’s like carrying your extra lube in your gun!
CardSharp 2 – new improved superlight and supersharp utility knife, size of a credit card. Updated features include stiffer, polypropylene body (living hinges guaranteed for life) and unique safety lock (cannot open in pocket or drawer and child proof). Just three ingenious folding operations metamorphosise the card into an elegant pocket utility tool. Slimmer and lighter than an ordinary knife. By Iain Sinclair.
– – – 4th PLACE – – –
Author Max Velocity is providing a copy of each of his books:
– – – 5th Place – – –
Emergency Essentials: New! Kitchen Fire Extinguisher. 3” x 10”, fights flammable liquid and electrical fires, $20.00 value
Here are the details.
If you have some skill-set, some particular knowledge that could prove beneficial to other readers in a homestead or survival situation – I would love to here from you.
- You can write about pretty much any topic you would like – as long as it can benefit ModernSurvivalOnlinereaders in some way.
- Submissions should be at least 500 words in length (unless descriptive and instructional pictures are included).
- I must state the obvious: All submissions must be your original work and not published on any other site.
- Submissions may be edited for spelling and grammar.
- No profanity or racism.
- Rourke, as the owner of ModernSurvivalOnline, reserves the right to approve or deny any submitted material for any reason.
- Submissions can be written in the following formats: MS-Word, Notepad, Wordpad, TXT, and RTF formats.
- Photo’s can be included in the submitted article – but must also be sent separately attached to an email.
- There is no limit to the quantity of articles that can be submitted.
- Multiple submissions accepted.
- Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] – please put GUEST POST in the subject line.
Once an article is submitted and approved I will email you to let you know when it is scheduled to go live. Also – if you have another blog or site I will gladly provide a link at the end of your guest post to that site.
***********Any submissions not able to be scheduled during any one contest will be held over for the following contest.