THE UN-THOUGHT OF Part 5
MAPS and DIAGRAMS
Map out your retreat. If you can, use the county plat drawing that shows the boundary lines, fences, out buildings, etc. Blow this up to size and post it where you will run your patrol and guard force from. (Yeah I know FORCE, when each may consist of only four members.) You still need to locate, communicate with and be able to direct them.
Mark in your fighting positions, fall back positions, fields of fire, exits, kill zones, etc., Know what you have out there and where it is located. Designate a 12 O’clock position on the property, and make certain everyone knows it, so you can direct team members and warn of attack directions.
Collect maps of your surrounding area and then scout out in advance, resources that you may have to later scavenge. Mark the locations and details on these maps. Use them to plan your defense of entry roads and placement of barricades. Locate cache sites and use a coded system to mark them (Look up thrust points). Plan and mark your escape routes. Most all of this info should be held secure from the group until its use is necessary. Appoint a replacement should you become incapacitated and share this info with he/she only.
Finally, go on Google earth and “Fly” around. Study your surrounding area and plan, plan, plan. Save Google maps from an area about twenty miles out from your perimeter on a jump drive, dedicate a cheap notebook/laptop to this and other critical data.
Diagram patrols and any movements in advance so all know what you are doing, where you are going and any RV points in the event you are split up or have to bomb shell to escape. DO NOT allow any of this material out of the perimeter to be possibly captured. Maps may go but without any markings that may lead back to the retreat.
OK, I am fried for now, so this will be the end of this series.
“Even paranoids have enemies” Regards, D. OUT!
The article above was an entry into the ModernSurvivalOnline Preparedness Guest Post Writing Contest.
Have something to share? You could win one of the following prizes.
First Place winner will receive:
- Three Mountain House Just In Case Assortment Freeze Dried Food Buckets from Directive21.com
- a Deadwood Cook Stove from Deadwood Stove Company,
- Four HC3R 25-round Ruger 10/22 magazines from HCMags.com
- 100 Grizzly Fire Blocks with the small survival heater courtesy of GrizzlyFire.com
Second Place will receive:
- Two Mountain House Just In Case Assortment Freeze Dried Food Buckets from Directive21.com
- Old West Lawman’s Forgotten Memoir courtesy of http://www.oldwestlawmansforgottenmemoir.com/
- CampingSurvival.com is providing
- a WaterBob Emergency Drinking Water Storage System
- a can of Future Essential Green Coffee Beans
- a can of DAK Canned Ham
- Cafe2Go Self-Heating Coffee Kit,
- Wise Foods 56 Serving Breakfast and Entree Grab and Go Bucket
Third Place will receive:
- Olight S10 320 Lumen Baton Flashlight provided by SurvivalGearBags.com
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.