If you live anywhere near Boonsboro or Hagerstown, Maryland I have some great news for you. On August 16th and 17th at the Washington County Agricultural Education Center there are going to be two days of “back to basics”: demonstrations, exhibits, and entertainment in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Exhibits and demonstrations will include emergency medical supplies, natural and homeopathic remedies, long-term food storage and food preparation, solar energy, outdoor and primitive skills, agricultural education, permaculture, prepping, tactical gear and supplies, water purification and storage, portable emergency communications, practical emergency preparedness gear, personal safety.
- Jay Blevins, author of Survival and Emergency Preparedness Skills (SEPS): Mental, Physical, and Spiritual Readiness in Uncertain Times, has appeared on National Geographic Channel’s hit seriesDoomsday Preppers, Access Hollywood Live, The Steve Harvey Show, The Today Show and CNN Headline News’ Jane Velez-Mitchell Show. He will present “SEPS 101: Six Foundational Aspects of Prepping.” Jay will provide an informative and engaging discussion and answer the questions, What is prepping? Why should you and your family get prepared? What are the most important aspects of prepping? and more.
- Thomas DiGiovanni, owner of Survive Safely, Inc, will be unveiling a waterproof, crush proof, portable ham radio system that has the ability to send burst messages via a connected computer.
- Bill Cirmo of Bibo Outfitters, Inc, will be bringing his BIBO Survival Trailer, a personal towable survival bug out trailer designed to fit the needs of every type of prepper. Whether you plan to stay or leave, whether you are physically able or not, by yourself or part of an extended family, this trailer addresses all aspects of survival. It provides one-stop shopping and the peace-of-mind that comes from knowing that you are prepared for any situation.
- Ryan Ballard is founder of Western Maryland Solar, LLC. Ryan served as an airborne infantryman with the 82nd Airborne during the mid and late 90s. Since then, he has realized what he wants to do when he grows up….. install solar on as many roof tops as possible!
- Holly Cooley has had an interest in growing, canning and preserving food, homesteading, and finding ways to be more self reliant for several decades. She has been a representative for Thrive Life for almost 5 years and enjoys working from home and sharing with others how they can be prepared for anything and truly have a thriving life. She lives in the Shenandoah Valley with her husband Michael, who is a permaculture consultant, and together they are continually adding plants and animals to their growing homestead.
- Michael Cooley, Preparedness and Permaculture Design Consultant, obtained his Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) via Geoff Lawton, Permaculture Research Institute, in August 2013; he had been a student of Permaculture Design independently for a number of years prior to certification. His interest in permaculture came through a desire for nutrient-rich foods and sustainable food production. He is particularly interested in the value of food forests, perennial food production, and medicinal plants and herbs.
- Paul Munsen, President of SUN OVENS International, will be demonstrating his SUN OVENS both Saturday and Sunday. SUN OVENS International has a simple business model: they seek to help people in the U.S. save energy and prepare for emergencies while using a portion of their cash flow to promote SUN OVEN® cooking in deforested developing countries.
For more information –
Email: beprepared2013 (at) yahoo.com