Several weeks ago I found out that my fellow blogger Bernie Carr (The Apartment Prepper) was having a book published – and I thought that was really cool. I mean – maybe someday that could be me!
Well – Bernie was nice enough to send me a copy and I have just got finished reading it.
I am impressed.
When I first saw the title – The Prepper’s Pocket Guide – 101 Easy Things You Can Do To Ready Your Home For A Disaster – I thought maybe it would have a lot of “basic” info that would be good for beginners. After flipping through this book for just a few minutes – a smile crossed my face as I found some really valid information that I – as well as others – could really use.
Let me provide a few examples:
– “Make a written emergency contact list” – So true! How many of us have relatives phone numbers in our cell phones rather than written down. I haven’t written a letter in years and have very few addresses of friends and family. Great suggestion Bernie!
– “Make a simple, inexpensive water filter” – exactly as the title suggests – great information.
– “Learn to cook with lentils and beans” – this is information I didn’t have – now I do!
– “Teach children about prepping” – important stuff!
– “Don’t forget about the pets” – Honestly – in my prepping this is one area I really have paid no attention to at all. Great stuff.
These are just a few examples of the stuff that you can pick up in this book. Several times I read and entry and said to myself “Oh yeah – I’ve got to remember that!”
Do I have any criticism of the book? Well – I saw in the back of the book that there was a “Resources” section and I thought to myself – “Oh yeah – gotta check this out“. Well – I looked and looked and somehow ModernSurvivalOnline was absent from the list. Hmmmmm….
From making a secret hiding place out of a commonly found household item to making your own electrolyte drink – lots of unique and valuable information. I highly recommend it.
Now – the title of my own upcoming book? The Novices Guide to Underwater Basket Weaving. Gonna be great……
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.