As I write this I am sitting in a hotel room approx 160 miles from home. I considered the question – “What if the SHTF while I was away from home?”
There are more questions going through my mind.
– What could the SHTF event be?
– Would phone lines or email still be up so I could contact my family?
– Would there be electricity?
– Would the person I drove here with be able to drive back home? Would the roads be passable?
– Would marshall law and curfews be enacted?
– Could I walk all the way home? Could I find a bike to ride?
– Would the small amount of supplies be enough to get me home along with some foraging from the hotel and along the way?
– Would my family be there when I arrived?
– Would my non-prepper wife know enough to do some of the right things until I get there?
I don’t have the answers. I have a soft briefcase with a few supplies but not what I would ideally need. Not even close really. Due to the circumstances of my trip I could not haul a full-fledged Get Home Kit.
I have some things to think about, plan and do when I get home. One of the most important of which is to better prepare my wife.
Take care all –