A few things in my mind…..
Hope everyone is having a good holiday season. So far good for me. Need to put lights up on the house and a variety if Christmas “things” in the yard. Testing my skills of persuasion as I see how much of I can get my wife to do. He He
During the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas there are a couple of traditions in the Rourke household. One is I watch Christmas Vacation, Uncle Buck, and Christmas Story several times. Love these movies.
- Over the past couple week been working on purchasing a variety of supplies. I visited my local Dick’s Sporting Goods and picked up some tent LED lights on clearance for $2.97, a few cinch bags to help organize stuff in Get Home Bags, and picked up a 5 gallon emergency water tote for $4.97. Also bought a few hundred rounds of .223 Remington ammo, some 9mm, more .22LR CCI Mini Mags, .30 Carbine, and a couple boxes of .30-30 Winchester. Added to my food stores and inflation items by stocking up on many items on sale and used some coupons as well.
- Made a trip to my local LDS cannery and picked up more food. LDS canneries are fantastic for getting the basics – wheat, beans, milk, flour, sugar, etc. Special thanks to SouthernBellePrepper for arranging my appointment.
- I have several books in my Kindle Fire and on my bookshelf I am trying to read. Honestly – I rarely read a book from cover to cover. Often – for non-fiction – I review the table of contents and pick whatever I am interested in. Here are a few that I am working on now or on my upcoming list:
- Currently Reading: A Failure of Civility – fantastic book and plan to do a review when done. This one I am reading cover to cover. So far the best book I have read on preparing and living when there is a failure of civility.
- 299 Days – book of fiction that is getting very popular.
- Brushfire Plague -another book of fiction that is getting very popular.
- The Home School Shootist – Excellent!! I have been flipping through the pages of this book and getting great firearm training ideas. Upcoming trip to Georgia will put some of them to use.
- One more book – Ramblings of a Modern Day Mountain Man. This is a Kindle-only book and it was a great read which I read from cover to cover in just a few days. I highly recommend it. Will be reading it again when I have time.
- Recent trip to Georgia over Thanksgiving – had a great time. I ate a ridiculously large quantity of pumpkin pie, cake, turkey, stuffing, ad hot oven rolls. I stuffed myself to maximum density to such a degree I thought the Post Office was going to give me my own zip code. Spent a lot of time outdoors. Built a huge fire in the fire pit. Went coyote hunting one morning (did not see anything).
- I see that ammunition continues to fly off the shelves. I hope this is short lived but who knows. More and more I am seeing ant-gun talk from a wide variety of people – celebrities, news people, politicians, etc. I am not sure the strategy the anti-gunner will take to pass more gun control laws. With the Repubs still in charge of the House I do not see the ability to pass a new assault weapons ban. Executive order? I am not freaking out and buying up all ammo in sight – but I have moved weapons, firearms, accessories, and ammo up my priority list a bit.