A few things that have been on my mind……
- Just came back from a trip to my bug out location – my brothers land in Georgia. Walked much of the land and saw tons of deer scat and game trails. Lots of brier bushes – watch out. A short drive looking around at nearby land showed me the deer population is very abundant. Within a distance of less than a mile – I saw more than 20 deer in neighboring fields. See picture below – rather fuzzy.
- Looking into making a couple of solar showers for use in a long-term grid down situation. In addition – I am going to pick up a couple of commercially made ones – such as THIS one carried by SurvivalGearBags.com. Would like to test these to see how well they raise the temp of the water over ambient.
- I have some good stuff coming up with ModernSurvivalOnline – at least I hope its good. A few examples:
- A major update to the Survival & Preparedness Database
- The development of another website related to MSOnline
- A new downloadable “book” exclusive to MSOnline readers
- Loyal reader AP sent me this link which shows a great deal on electronic back issues for Mothers Earth News. Not always agreeing with their politics – still a great resource of gardening/homesteading information.
- Interesting news bit whereby an Iranian Commander is stating that he has reason to believe that the “US plans massive deployments of police forces in major cities fearing the eruption of popular protests similar to the recent developments in the Middle East, the Arab world and the European countries.” Check out the full article HERE.
- I just signed up to start training at a local Crossfit “box”. I am really looking forward to this endeavour as I work to get in better shape and improve my overall health. If you are not familiar with Crossfit – here is a summary:
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
- Cleaned up one of my raised beds today and looking to plant some lettuce and carrots mainly. This past growing season was successful however I just flat out failed to devote as much time to it as I should have. Grass and weeds overtook my main garden. After the first round of squash and cucumbers I usually plant another. This year I just didn’t do it. Oh well – there is always next year (I hope).
Take care all –