A few random things that have been on my mind:
- I have been watching Swamp People – these guys are nuts. I would never get that close to a 10 foot gator. I love the show though.
- I am looking at getting a HAM radio. In my efforts to network with others – after the “collapse” it would be extremely beneficial to be able to communicate and gather news. I know of others who plan to get HAM radio’s would like to be able to set up a communication network now – to be able to be used later.
I am looking at getting a model similar to the YAESU FT-1900R . Still have a lot to learn.
- Shot my Smith & Wesson 22A .22LR pistol this past weekend. It was great. Reliable and highly accurate. I need to source some extra magazines and a holster.
- One of my priorities right now is stocking up on ammunition. One way of doing this is every trip I make to Wal-Mart I buy a box of CCI Mini-Mag .22LR. They have the best prices around at under $7.00 a box. Good stuff and my shelf is filling up. I also want to do a lot more shooting – which I typically do when I visit my brother in Georgia.
- My solar panel kit has been mounted on my roof. I need to pick up some extra wiring to complete the job. I purchased the kit from Harbor Freight. More on that later.
- I have been spending some time in a couple of forums lately – SurvivalistBoards.com and BePreparedForum.com. These can be great places to read what others have to say, ask questions as well as provide answers sometimes. I often pick up ideas and bits of information that are pretty valuable.
- New blog with some interesting survival tips – http://ghostprepper.blogspot.com/
- Great resource recently suggested by a loyal reader –http://www.grandpappy.info/hshelff.htm – has some good info on food shelf life.
- The recent attack on 4 teens by a grizzly bear in Alaska just confirms something for me – be armed in the woods. You just never know what is out there – whether it be four legged or two.
- I don’t often talk about politics – but this whole debt limit thing is just ridiculous. My buddy Badvoodoodaddy over at The Retreat wrote on this very subject – check it out HERE.
- Got a chance to do some fishing this past weekend while in Georgia. Was very cool! Many catfish caught.
Alright – gotta hit the sack.