- Mountain House – the main supplier of long term storage food throughout the United States – has put most all shipments to suppliers on hold due to massive government contracts they are filling. There is a lot of talk on the ‘net as to why the government is purchasing so much. Some information reports that the government is purchasing up to 400 times more than they usually keep in stock. Wonder why……
- I have been reading a book called Lights Out. I am loving it. The book tells the story of a community and how it deals with life after an EMP attack. Although the book is fairly long – I am not finding it boring whatsoever. I like the perspectives of the main characters as they work within the small community they live in developing what basically ends up being a survival group. The challenges are realistic as well as many, but not all – of the solutions. Just an excellent read and highly recommended.
- Here are some plans to build a safe room/storm shelter in your house – better than what many of us have.
- I think this is hilarious:
- I am not overly impressed with any of the current candidates that are running for the Republican nomination for President. Too many too me are just more of the same. I am not happy at all with what we have in Washington now. I was actually hoping that Trump would stay in the game as he seemed like someone that had the bejewels to make real positive long-lasting change. Everyone else – I don’t see it. I would really like to see someone get in the game that I would be able to really get behind. Besides – it may just be too late anyways.
- Next week I am going to be taking a trip to get some tactical training – which I need. With no military experience – my game is off – I know it.
I am really excited about the upcoming Guest Post Contest that will be starting in July. I already have a great line-up of prizes. If you are interested in entering – start writing now. Multiple entries are welcome. I need the guest posts to be at least 500 words in length. You can email me for more info – emergencycd(at)gmail.com .
- I recently came across a website – http://www.small-cabin.com/ – and think its a great resource. Figured I would pass it along.
- I have started to make more purchases at SAM’s Club rather than my local grocery store. Certain items bought in quantity are cheaper. I still watch and take advantage o the sales locally – but am glad I joined SAM’s.
- Great article by Celente – check it out – http://lewrockwell.com/celente/celente71.1.html.
New Toy –
More to come……..
- I am finally making some progress organizing all my supplies into a series of labeled totes in my garage (for the most part). While doing this I am putting together an inventory of everything and entering it into a spreadsheet. Of course – not everything is in plastic totes. Some things are pre-packed in bags and also sitting on shelves. This whole process is really helping me put together “want” lists for future reference.
Lastly – I had numerous people leave comments and send emails regarding a recent post where I mentioned my 12 year old son. I really appreciate all the information and advice.
Take care all –