Here are a few things I have been thinking about…….
- The disaster in Joplin is terrible. The weather that has been occurring in the past month or so is unbelievable. Even with the preps that I have put into place – I feel totally unprepared for a tornado that can just wipe out everything you have. I look that I have a couple of realistic options –
- Build a safe room in my garage – this is most likely something that I would have to pay someone to come in and do. My home is on a slab – which is beneficial to the safe room idea. What concerns me is the fact more than 35% of the garage would be taken up by this room. I have no plans on moving for many years. The effect the safe room – or the lack or garage space – has on the reselling of the house really is not an issue that I will be confronted with for many years. It might even be a selling point.
- Store supplies off-site – In the event that my property is totally destroyed and much of my preps are lost – I could store supplies offsite of my property. This certainly doesn’t help the situation with the safety of my family – unless we evacuate.
- I am going to be doing something that many financial experts often advise against – taking a loan out on my 401k. To the experts……oh well. I have had a loan on my 401k that I am almost complete paying off. The new loan will go towards many things – including some preps. I am looking at this time as an opportunity to really analyze my supplies and fix or improve what holes I find.
- Like many others- life is super busy. Work, gardening, post-storm clean up, kids, prepping, blog, YouTube Channel, etc – just seems like I rarely have any spare time. In my own job I often have to talk to people about time management. Part of this is me pointing out that time is constant – everyone has the same amount. It is what you do within that time that can determine how productive you are. So – I am trying to take my own advice – and have found I just have too many commitments.
- The dollar continues its decline. Even though there are signs the economy is recovering – that things are getting better – I think they are false. No matter how many times you add up 2 plus 2 – it will equal 4 every single time. I just do not see how the economy can recover completely with the governmental fiscal policies that are continuing to take place.
- I think the guy in this kayak suddenly feels very small in a very large world:
- This year when I planed my garden I used some seeds from 2 years ago – with high germination rates – no problems. I also planted some Orange Cosmos seeds that I had harvested from my own plants – from 2006 – and they have sprouted just fine. Nature is incredibly strong and virile.
- I just picked up a new toy – looking forward to posting about it soon.
- This weekend heading to my possible Bug Out location – more research to be done.
Take care all –
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.