A few things I have had on my mind lately…….
- SurvivalGearBags now carrying my Disaster Survival & Emergency Preparedness DVD- I am very proud of this DVD and think it is a great value at $12.95. This is a DVD that works in a computer – not a DVD player. Pretty simple – place the DVD in your PC’s DVD drive and a menu will open up. From there – you simply click on what you want to look at. Over 4 GB’s of books, manuals, articles, papers, video’s, etc. This DVD is also available from this site itself – but if you are interested you should check out SurvivalGearBags.com and pick up some other stuff too.
- My YouTube Channel now has over 500 subscribers! I am very excited about this and hope to make some more video’s soon. I am still trying to figure all the camera and software stuff out – it will take some more time until I get comfortable with everything. Once I hit 600 subscribers I am going to have a contest to promote the Channel.
- I have been carrying my Springfield XD sub-compactfor a couple months now with a Fobus holster and so far really like it. As the weather gets warmer – I am going to reevaluate what I carry and how. Honestly – here in the South in the midst of summer I am usually wearing shorts and a sleeveless shift. I suspect my XD will not work too well as a CWP in that attire.
- I may get blasted for saying this – and that’s OK – but I am planning on purchasing a S&W M&P15-22 within the next couple months. Those that have been hanging around here for some time may remember that I have mentioned my desire to get one on a few occasions. Well – gotta have it. True – that money could go to other things – like more food, supplies, etc. I look at the M&P as a great trainer in place of my Stag M4 as well as a way to introduce my 12 year old – and maybe my wife – to shooting something tactical in nature. Anyways – have no doubt I will do a full review once I have had a chance to get some experience with it.
- Speaking of my impending purchase – I have found that aftermarket magazines of higher capacity for the M&P15-22 are available. Not sure how well they work – but capacities of up to 50 rounds are available. More fun!!!!!
- This coming weekend taking a trip to my bug out location in Georgia. My main preparedness goal is to survey the area and determine a couple of location where a trailer will be placed. Eventually after the trailer is set up – supplies will be pre-stored there for future use.
- The ModernSurvivalOnline Facebook page is by itself now and I no control over it. I really have no idea what happened to it. My username and password no longer work so it is on its own. I am considering creating another with a slightly different name – something like “MSOnline” – I don’t know – just a thought. My personal page is just fine.
- I have made several LDS Cannery appointments and all have been cancelled due to them running out of food. From what I am hearing – all across the country the demand for food at the cannery’s has increased and they are beginning to restrict how much you can buy as well as who can attend. I have another appointment towards the end of this month however I am looking at other methods to obtain some bulk food purchases.
The Sensible Prepper Conference was this past weekend – it was awesome. I will have another post specifically about my experience there soon.
Just recently there were a few comments to one of my posts and a little controversy regarding caliber selection in pistols. For the record – no doubt I believe that the 45ACP is a better manstopper than the .40 S&W and the .40 S&W is a better manstopper than the 9mm and so on. I also believe the .45-70 is a better manstopper than the .45ACP. Caliber selection is one of those topics that everyone has an opinion and depending on the scenario there can be multiple correct answers – or sometimes only one. For me – you carry what you feel comfortable and are proficient with – period.
Gardening season is here– I have 20 buckets of potatoes so far, blueberries and blackberries, as well as lettuce in the ground. Over the next few weeks everything else will be going in the soil.
Take care all –