There are things that every kid should learn as they grow up. Some of these things are simple matters of convenience. Others may just save a few dollars. More importantly – some may just save the kids life.
As a parent – or maybe a grandparent – it is your responsibility to make sure that kids are prepared for life. With that in mind here are 18 things that each kid should be taught:
- Stand up for yourself
- Build a fire
- Jump start a car
- Check your oil
- Hammer a nail
- Handle a gun
- Plant a seed, grow a vegetable, and eat it
- How to shake hands
- How to manage money
- Keep your commitments – you are not judged on your intentions, you are judged on your actions
- How to determine how much to tip
- Set up a camp site
- How to fish
- How to handle losing, and winning
- How to respect your elders
- Respect the environment
- Cook a steak to perfection
- How and when to fight
- How to have integrity & honor
- Change a tire
My youngest son Christopher from a couple years ago.
No doubt the list could go on and on. What do you think should be added to the list?