I am looking to make some serious strides in preparedness in 2015. Ryan does a great job of posting up his list and then following up on it. I am going to give a shot myself.
Note: Everything listed below is in addition to current supplies, skills levels, etc.
Shooting – This category relates to anything gun related.
- Run & Gun Course (Trainer: http://www.wolf-fire.com)
- .223/5.56 ammunition – 2000 rounds
- 9mm ammunition – 750 rounds
- 22LR – 5000 rounds
- 22 Magnum – 1000 rounds
- 12 gauge 00-buck – 150 rounds
- AR pistol with Sig brace
- bolt action rifle
Note: My priority is to increase support fr the firearms I already have rather than acquire new ones – unless they are compatible with ammunition and magazines in inventory. I won’t pass up a good deal if I find one. The AR pistol and bolt action rifle are low priority items.
Food – Food storage is ever a battle I wage with my wife convinced we have plenty and I believing we have not nearly enough.
- 50 pounds of rice in mylar bags
- 50 pounds of beans in mylar bags
- 20 pounds spaghetti in mylar bags
- 10 pounds potato flakes in mylar
- 10 cans – spaghetti sauce
- 50 cans – Whole Potatoes
- 24 cans – Corn
- 25 cans – Pineapple
- 15 cans – Fruit Cocktail
- 20 cans – Pear
- 20 cans – Peaches
- 30 cans – Beans, baked
- 30 cans – Beef Stew
- 10 canned Hams
Water – I have too much emphasis on filtration and not enough physical storage.
- Aquapod Water Storage System
- 15 cases of bottled water (24 bottles/case)
- 55 gallon drum of water
- Drop my weight down to 185 pounds(current 205)
- Eat clean, mostly low carb 90% of the time
- Improve cardio – enter a 5K
- Get Ham license
- Finish building expedient local Ham repeater
- Purchase mobile Ham radio for use as Base and Vehicle comms
- Increase Emergency Fund by $1000
- Work on increasing income via secondary sources
- Set up off-site Operational Cache
- Add to the “basics” supply – more candles, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, band-aids, duct tape, gun cleaning supplies, rope, etc.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please Like us on Facebook!!
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!