This is the weekend before Christmas and when most of us should be relaxing the reality for most of it is pure craziness. I imagine Panhandle Rancher sitting in front of a fire, reading a book, just enjoying being alive. I envy that. My wife is working on some craft projects she has been doing selling online to make extra money. The kids are sleeping in till noontime since they are out of school. My oldest – Jonathan – just failed his American History exam yesterday and likely the class. MY KID FAILED AMERICAN HISTORY!!
But wait…..’tis the season to be merry. Right?
Time is ticking down and if Christmas shopping is not complete don’t stress out. There IS time. Here are a few ideas:
- If shopping for someone you are close to – a spouse, parent, grandparent, or son or daughter – write them a letter. Tell them about special memories you have of them and how glad you are to have them in your life. How I wish I had received something like this from either one of my parents. This would likely mean more than anything to them.
- A similar idea as above is to use modern technology to put together a video for that special person. You do not have to be a multimedia guru to accomplish this. Most any laptop, tablet, or smartphone has the software/app to add pictures, words, and music to create a meaningful masterpiece.
- Amazon has most anything you can imagine to complete your Christmas shopping – with extremely fast shipping. I just ordered a tiny 32gb USB drive for my Chromebook and it will be delivered on Sunday. If you are a Prime member there is free 2-day shipping as well as discounted overnight shipping. Expedited shipping for non-Prime members is available as well.
- For that special someone – a candlelit dinner for two serving the others favorite meal, massage,……..etc. I wouldn’t mind that at all.
- Gift cards are always a decent gift. The receiver can go pick out what they want. Amazon even offers gift certificates and they and be delivered via email.
- If you have friends with kids give them a coupon for free babysitting.
Hopefully these few ideas will be of some help. Regardless of all the presents, get togethers, and sales at the stores – let’s remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!