Why Survival Gear and Training: The 3 W’s
There is a misconception out there about folks who prepare to survive devastating situations or emergency scenarios. They are not crazy and they are not paranoid. Quite frankly, I prefer to think of myself as someone who is preparing for any eventuality. It is most definitely not paranoia, but preparedness that drives me to devote some time every day to the thought of survival. Don’t get me wrong, there are some extreme preppers out there who devote nearly every waking minute to survival. They may be pushing the paranoia factor. Most people who are interested in learning about survival tactics are doing it in an effort to take care of themselves and their loved ones in any crisis.
How many natural disasters have we seen in the past few years? Let’s be honest, a large portion of the folks who live in a civilized world are not prepared for these disasters and end up relying on the help of others and the aid of the government. People rely on those entities to take care of the three W’s we need and want to survive: warmth, water and waffles (food).
For example, if your furnace stops working do you know what to do? What if your water supply became contaminated? Could you manage if the grocery store shelves were empty along with all the little convenience stores?
These are the things we are here to talk about and offer training to those interested in surviving one or all of these scenarios. Survival preparedness is a skill that needs to be learned from an experienced teacher. Along with the education, anybody who is hoping to put that training to the test will need to practice constantly. There is so much to learn about survival, you will always find new tricks through these tutorial sessions and your own practicing.
Today is the day you need to think about your future and the future of your family. Do not wait until you are faced with one of the aforementioned scenarios with no idea how you will survive the aftermath of a natural disaster.
The above post was an entry into the ModernSurvivalOnline Preparedness Guest Post Writing Contest.
First Place winner will receive:
- SafeGuardArmor.com is providing body armor – a Stealth Vest (White) B2 S1 vest
- a Deadwood Cook Stove from Deadwood Stove Company
- A Paladin Go Bag provided by SurvivalGearBags.com
- CampingSurvival.com is providing the following:
Second Place will receive:
- Cube Stove w/ 3 Month Fuel Supply from Directive21.com
- From Prepper Press – 5 preparedness books of your choice
- Old West Lawman’s Forgotten Memoir courtesy of http://www.oldwestlawmansforgottenmemoir.com/
- A TrustFire XML C8-T6 5-Mode CREE LED 1000 Lumen Flashlight along:
Third Place will receive:
- One Solo Stove provided by SoloStove.com
- The excellent book….Going Home by A. American
- The digital eBook manual “Sold Out After Crisis“
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!