How to Choose the Best Tent for Your Camping Trip
Your excitement for the upcoming camping trip is off the roof. You might be going along with your colleagues, your best friends, your family or even by yourself, but whatever the case, you must do everything to make sure that the trip goes according to plan. Well, having the right tent for sleeping at night will do wonders for you. So, if this is your first time buying a camping tent, follow some of the tips below to help you choose the best tent for your camping trip.
Before your rush into buying a tent, you must understand the parts of the tent that make it effective and efficient:
- The canopy is the main body of the tent and in most cases it is made out of ripstop nylon
- A tent goes hand in hand with poles that hold it up. A good tent should have numerous poles to make it sturdy. Most poles are made out of aluminum and in few cases, fiber glass. Note that these poles should be hollow and joined together by elastic cords, which give the user an easier time when setting up the tent.
- If you want protection from ultraviolet rays, your tent must also come with a rainfly, which is optional. A rainfly is made out of a nylon taffeta which is weatherproof, and in most instances, a stronger material in comparison to the canopy.
Before you choose the perfect tent, you must be sure of the seasons during which you will be using the tent. Camping tents have been categorized into those that can be used in three seasons, four seasons, and during warm weather and convertible tents. As such, you should choose the tent which is fit for a particular season to avoid any inconveniences during your camping trip.
You should also consider the number of people sleeping in your tent. For instance, you can’t buy a two-person tent for three people to sleep in because this would reduce the comfort for everyone. Therefore, it is important for you to have an accurate count of the people going on the camping trip with you so that you can buy the perfect tent for each person.
When it comes to buying tents, you must also know the different shapes available because the shapes play a crucial role in determining the internal space, overall weight of the tent and the stability. The different tent shapes are summarized below.
- Dome tents are more preferable because they remain stable when it’s very windy. The dome shape also allows more interior space and diverts both rain and snow with ease.
- Single Wall Camping Tents are very light and a rainfly is not a necessity. They are characterized with ventilation ports to allow for good ventilation.
- Tunnel (Hoop) Camping Tents are characterized by rectangular floors and are wedge-shaped. They are easy to carry because they don’t have many poles.
In conclusion, having the right tent for your camping trip will go a long way in shaping your camping experience. So by using the above pointers you can choose a great tent that will make your camping experience extraordinary.
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.