This is another of my “Community files” that I send out to my retreat group. It and the others I have posted here may be of use to you in planning training for your group. D.
COMMUNITY FILE #5
Although all of the construction that needs done is very important, this is more so.
Most if not all of you have no military experience let alone combat experience. If I do not try to pass at least the basics along to you, you will probably get yourself killed. Some things we need to train in ASAP:
1. Dry firing; snapping in- sight picture-prone, sitting, kneeling and offhand firing positions.
2. Trigger squeeze.
3. Reloading: magazine change, bolt release, clearing jams, etc. using gross motor skills.
4. Fire and maneuver.
6. Cover and concealment.
7. Patrolling; movement, ambush and counter-ambush, flanking.
8. Guard and perimeter defense.
9. Transition from primary to secondary weapons.
10. Mission load-out.
11. IFAKs and other gear: optics, knives, NVDs.
12. Recovery of wounded.
You will need the following for this training:
1. Any airsoft weapons you may have with magazines, ammo and any optics, etc. that you plan to use on your real weapons.
2. Your personal weapons with loaded magazines.(For tear down, maintenance and failure to fire drills only)
3. Your load carrying / plate carriers, with all the gear you plan to use.
4. Wear clothes appropriate to patrolling during SHTF.
This won’t be fun, but can be with the right attitude. NONE of this training will be live fire! This will be a COLD, COLD range with simulated weapons. Loaded mags are for weight only!!!!
We will try to do this under the radar but some observation will be inevitable. Cover will be IPSC 3 gun combat training. Remember this. Bring your Range Officer caps.
I will do the long gun training and R. will cover handguns (R. you need to put together a training outline) M. will assist. M. and R. have a great deal of experience in civilian combat shooting in 3 gun matches.
ALL involved in this retreat should make a real attempt to participate in this training together for group dynamics and cohesion. We may not be able to repeat it for those who will not attend.
This is important people!!! It may well save your lives during your bug-out. There is safety in numbers and you need to be able to operate effectively in small fire team groups. Regards, D.
The above post was an entry into the ModernSurvivalOnline Preparedness Guest Post Writing Contest.
First Place winner will receive:
- SafeGuardArmor.com is providing body armor – a Stealth Vest (White) B2 S1 vest
- a Deadwood Cook Stove from Deadwood Stove Company
- A Paladin Go Bag provided by SurvivalGearBags.com
- CampingSurvival.com is providing the following:
Second Place will receive:
- Cube Stove w/ 3 Month Fuel Supply from Directive21.com
- From Prepper Press – 5 preparedness books of your choice
- Old West Lawman’s Forgotten Memoir courtesy of http://www.oldwestlawmansforgottenmemoir.com/
- A TrustFire XML C8-T6 5-Mode CREE LED 1000 Lumen Flashlight along:
Third Place will receive:
- One Solo Stove provided by SoloStove.com
- The excellent book….Going Home by A. American
- The digital eBook manual “Sold Out After Crisis“
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.