As I write this I am sitting in a hotel room approx 160 miles from home. I considered the question – “What if the SHTF while I was away from home?”
There are more questions going through my mind.
– What could the SHTF event be?
– Would phone lines or email still be up so I could contact my family?
– Would there be electricity?
– Would the person I drove here with be able to drive back home? Would the roads be passable?
– Would marshall law and curfews be enacted?
– Could I walk all the way home? Could I find a bike to ride?
– Would the small amount of supplies be enough to get me home along with some foraging from the hotel and along the way?
– Would my family be there when I arrived?
– Would my non-prepper wife know enough to do some of the right things until I get there?
I don’t have the answers. I have a soft briefcase with a few supplies but not what I would ideally need. Not even close really. Due to the circumstances of my trip I could not haul a full-fledged Get Home Kit.
I have some things to think about, plan and do when I get home. One of the most important of which is to better prepare my wife.
Take care all –
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!