A lot has been going on lately – both with myself and these pathetic efforts of our government to destroy our lives (we’ll talk about that another time).
Have had a lot of problems with this website lately. Everything should be good now but went through a period where access to the site had to be limited due to what appears to have been a series of hacking attacks. Extremely frustrating and wastes so much time. If you have any problems with the site – please let me know.
- Sporting Clay’s: Recently went to Rocky Creek Sporting Clay’s in Richburg, SC. Awesome time with members of the Church Men’s Group I am in. This is an activity I definitely want to do more often. I had the opportunity to shoot a semi-automatic shotgun – first time ever. I am now looking at picking one up.
- Ammunition and defensive acquisitions: Ammunition is certainly getting easier to find. I have seen .22LR both in gun shops and Wally-World. Prices are inflated a bit but not too bad. Over the past month or so managed to get several hundred rounds of .223, along with some extra 9mm and .22LR. I picked up a Para 1911 Expert Model 45ACP. Been a while since I have shot a 1911 – looking forward to it.
- Firearm Cleaning: I was contacted by American Gun Oil and they sent me some of their weapons grade gun oil. Will being trying it out and reporting back the results. Stuff is made right here in the USA and has an unlimited shelf life. Cool!!
- EMP/Faraday Cage – Check out this link if interested in EMP preparedness: Faraday Cage Primer
- Solar – I recently receive several small portable solar kits from EndlessSunSolar.com. I am currently conducting testing and will be publishing the results once complete. So far – pretty impressed. Check ’em out. Great value.
- The Preparedness Review: Recently read through the Spring 2013 edition of The Preparedness Review. This is a free pdf document filled with articles written within the preparedness genre. Many of the authors are well known bloggers. Pretty cool stuff. You can check it out HERE.
- Wants vs. Needs Firearms and Gear: Short but to the point article on prioritizing defensive equipment purchases. Go read it. Thanks Ronnie for making me aware of it.
- After-TSHTF Clothing: Me? Jeans, Wrangler cargo-pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts in fall/winter, hiking shoes. No special tacti-cool pants and such. How about you?
Something Funny for You…..
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!