A few things on my mind…….
- Interesting that most all of the preparedness”experts” out there have proposed for years the need to have weapons of common caliber so that in most any crisis ammunition should be able to be found. I also have been a proponent in this. Guess what? WRONG!! Just look at the recent events where we have had – and continue to have – a gun control legislation emergency. Whether it is just a panicked population or logical reaction – he results are the same – no ammunition available. Those that own a .30-30, a .357 or .38, a .270 or .22 Magnum – they have no problem buying ammo. Interesting.
- ReadyReserveAmmo.com still has .22LR ammo in 100 round sealed cans for $8.95. That is a good price compared to some of the “deals” I have seen recently in gun shops and at shows.
- Suggestions from reader and frequent contributor Guy W Spotts: For you Bug Out Bag package food stuffs in the free cardboard boxes from the Post office to protect them from being damaged by falling water bottles or other hard objects inside or out side of your Bug Out Bag. Nothing can crush you survival spirit more then a crushed granola bar. Re-enforce and seal smaller cardboard boxes like ammo with scotch tape before they need repair will make the box last much longer.
- I just ordered a new book – Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises by Max Velocity. I read the Prologue - looks really good.
- Interesting that many Sheriff’s organizations are banding together and making a stand against intrusions on our 2nd Amendment rights. Here is another great example - http://www.csoc.org/ppdocs/GunControlLegislation.pdf. County Sheriff’s of Colorado are making a stand. I hope it continues.
- http://prepography.com just got added to my blogroll.
- I have never been a deeply religious person. Over the past 5 years or so I have felt an absence. Since Thanksgiving I have been attending church and am very much enjoying it. The church fits me well and I am hearing the message loud and clear. I also just got my oldest son into one of the church youth groups. Remarkably - I, myself also joined a Wednesday night group. I am really excited about this new journey I have embarked on.
- I recently purchased and am in the process of testing a flashlight – a Mini 400 Lumen CREE LED adjustable light. What makes this light special is the fact it cost around $8.00 – with free shipping! It runs on a single AA battery and so far – the results are impressive. I will be publishing a full review once I get more time on it.
- Lastly – I am still working on the MSO Minutemen information. I am looking forward to sharing soon.
- Lastly – want to thank everyone who has gone over and visited partner website BestTacticalDeals.com. For those that have visited – hope you have enjoyed the featured deals.
Take care all -