A few things in my mind…..
Hope everyone is having a good holiday season. So far good for me. Need to put lights up on the house and a variety if Christmas “things” in the yard. Testing my skills of persuasion as I see how much of I can get my wife to do. He He
During the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas there are a couple of traditions in the Rourke household. One is I watch Christmas Vacation, Uncle Buck, and Christmas Story several times. Love these movies.
- Over the past couple week been working on purchasing a variety of supplies. I visited my local Dick’s Sporting Goods and picked up some tent LED lights on clearance for $2.97, a few cinch bags to help organize stuff in Get Home Bags, and picked up a 5 gallon emergency water tote for $4.97. Also bought a few hundred rounds of .223 Remington ammo, some 9mm, more .22LR CCI Mini Mags, .30 Carbine, and a couple boxes of .30-30 Winchester. Added to my food stores and inflation items by stocking up on many items on sale and used some coupons as well.
- Made a trip to my local LDS cannery and picked up more food. LDS canneries are fantastic for getting the basics – wheat, beans, milk, flour, sugar, etc. Special thanks to SouthernBellePrepper for arranging my appointment.
- I have several books in my Kindle Fire and on my bookshelf I am trying to read. Honestly – I rarely read a book from cover to cover. Often – for non-fiction – I review the table of contents and pick whatever I am interested in. Here are a few that I am working on now or on my upcoming list:
- Currently Reading: A Failure of Civility – fantastic book and plan to do a review when done. This one I am reading cover to cover. So far the best book I have read on preparing and living when there is a failure of civility.
- 299 Days – book of fiction that is getting very popular.
- Brushfire Plague -another book of fiction that is getting very popular.
- The Home School Shootist – Excellent!! I have been flipping through the pages of this book and getting great firearm training ideas. Upcoming trip to Georgia will put some of them to use.
- One more book – Ramblings of a Modern Day Mountain Man. This is a Kindle-only book and it was a great read which I read from cover to cover in just a few days. I highly recommend it. Will be reading it again when I have time.
- Recent trip to Georgia over Thanksgiving – had a great time. I ate a ridiculously large quantity of pumpkin pie, cake, turkey, stuffing, ad hot oven rolls. I stuffed myself to maximum density to such a degree I thought the Post Office was going to give me my own zip code. Spent a lot of time outdoors. Built a huge fire in the fire pit. Went coyote hunting one morning (did not see anything).
- I see that ammunition continues to fly off the shelves. I hope this is short lived but who knows. More and more I am seeing ant-gun talk from a wide variety of people – celebrities, news people, politicians, etc. I am not sure the strategy the anti-gunner will take to pass more gun control laws. With the Repubs still in charge of the House I do not see the ability to pass a new assault weapons ban. Executive order? I am not freaking out and buying up all ammo in sight – but I have moved weapons, firearms, accessories, and ammo up my priority list a bit.
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!