A few things that have been on my mind……..
- I have a Ham radio and do not have a clue what to do with it. I don’t even know how to listen with it. I just met up with someone that said they are willing to help me out. I do not like the idea of getting the licence. I understand why HAM operators prefer that people get licensed. My concern revolves around – “Why does the government need to know about my handle, and my address, and my possession of such equipment?” I will likely get the licence but don’t like it.
- Garden is doing well so far however I have to replant a few things. I fertilized the garden and burnt a couple of the plants. Every year I learn more.
- My wife canned some sweet pickles about a week ago and dill pickles this past weekend. House stunk while we worked on it but they have been put back. I still have some pickles from a couple years ago that I did.
- Many are concerned with the upcoming UN Arms Treaty vote in New York. There is a lot of speculation on the Internet regarding what it means to the United States and the 2nd Amendment. Research into the true effects of the treaty to the United States has shown me that gun owners in the United States have nothing to fear as the treaty does NOT trump the Constitution. Also – I have heard that Hilary Clinton only needs to sign it for its effects to take effect which is not true. The Senate must pass it as well by a 2/3rds majority vote – not likely to happen. Regardless – if you have a desire to own guns no better time than the resent to buy some.
- I have been enjoying my copy of The Survival Handbook – Essential Skills for Outdoor Adventure. I bought it off Amazon a few weeks ago. It is trulyexcellent with fantastic illustrations.
- Reality TV is a leading cause of the dumbing down of America.
- I recently saw the movie The Avengers. Simply awesome!! I grew up reading comic books and they did a fantastic job of bringing these characters off the pages to the silver screen.
- The folks over at Patriot Rising hosted a really cool Zombie Infographic. Check it out HERE. I love zombies.
- Caught this over at Total Survivalist Libertarian Rantfest . Ryan point out that the military just clarified the ability to use Magpul PMAG’s in combat. If you follow his link and read the military document – it describes a high confidence level in the PMAG’s. This is one of the reason have about 30 of them.
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!