A few things that have been on my mind:
- I went and saw The Grey. Best movie I have ever seen – bar none. Awesome acting and fantastic story. I can get right into a movie and will feel like I am there. Wow – I was impressed.
- I appreciate the many of you who visited my new site – BestPreparednessDeals.com . It is doing very well. If anyone knows of some preparedness-related product that is a value that just can’t be beat – let me know. Email at emergencycd (at) gmail.com.
- The Walking Dead returns this Sunday February 12th on AMC. I am really looking forward to seeing some new episodes.
- Prepper Website Discovery – Came across a couple of websites new-to-me.
- One is http://www.preppingforwomen.com/ . Don’t let the name fool you – PrepperingforWomen is not just for women. Some good reading over there and Deb is posting quite often.
- Another site is http://rairair.blogspot.com/ – which focuses on camping and outdoor adventure. RareAir has many equipment reviews – really good info.
- Very unique and new site is http://crunchysurvivalist.blogspot.com/. This site is written by a homeless women who is documenting her and her husbands struggles to not just survive today – but look to prepare for the future. Reading these posts certainly can put things in perspective.
- Another new site – http://thepermaculturelife.com/ – visit if you like permaculture, homesteading, gardening, primitive skills, agro-forestry, as well as other topics.
- Ruger has recently come out with a couple of new pistols that have caught my eye. I have firearms as part of my preparedness system and I also just like to go out and shoot. Ruger’s new SR22 looks like a winner as well as their LCR-22.
- I just picked up a very nice used mountain bike to go along with my Crossfit as I work to get in better shape. My back is still giving me some fits but I have scaled my workouts around that. My shoulder injury seems to be doing OK. I am focusing on extra warm up exercises now that I have grown
Awhile back I wrote up some future plans for ModernSurvivalOnline. One of the things mentioned was to have more reviews of various equipment, books, etc. So far in 2012 I have increased the frequency of reviews and will be doing more soon. I also have a very special project which is still in the works. I am looking at a March 15 launch – though that may change. Stay tuned!!
Take care all –
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!
By entering your email, you agree to subscribe to the Modern Survival Online newsletter. We will not spam you.