- Thank you to TL, MJ and AH for your recent donations – it is greatly appreciated. As always – please do not donate unless you can truly afford it. If you can afford it and would like to support MSOnline – please click HERE.
- I am hoping to get my HAM radio by the middle of October. From talking to some of my local “prepper” contacts – the question of whether or not to get a licence has come up. Myself -I am not really concerned about getting one and plan to. This is the model I plan to get – click HERE.
- I caught myself recently saying to my wife – “Hey, I filled up the car today and ONLY paid $3.19 per gallon.” You see? It is working. People are getting used to gas over $3.00 per gallon. It’s a shame and pathetic. I am all for capitalism and companies that take on risk to be in business making a profit. BUT…..come on. It is kinda funny that in the aftermath of Katrina the price of gasoline rose tremendously – and so did the profits of the oil companies. Even recently the cost of gasoline is much higher than it has been in the past – yet the cost of oil is not. There is no absolute correlation between the two. Very frustrating. There is a lot of evidence that the oil companies control oil refinery output AND then artificially raise fuel prices to make record profits.
- I recently signed up my 8 year old – Christopher – in the Cub Scouts. I never participated in Scouting when I was a kid – I wish I had. I have heard so many good things about the Scouts – and with the negative influences surrounding kids now-a-days the Scouts have never been needed more. I am looking forward to the camping trips and other activities coming up. He is very excited.
- I have been using my Buck Hoodlum quite a bit recently and so far it has held up nicely. Clearing some brush – some of it pretty thick – required little effort. A good swipe through the vegetation and there it fell. Edge is holding up very well.
- Another good read: http://thehomesteadreport.blogspot.com/2011/09/report-on-nation_22.html
- I have been reading and researching quite a bit lately on….well…..how this country has gotten to where it is today. Needless to say – I think we are in a very tough situation. I have not been ignorant of many of the things I am finding – however I am very disappointed with much of what I am learning. I do not often talk about politics – but that is going to have to change. As the title of this blog states – “Thoughts on Survival and the World Today” – I feel the need to voice my opinion. I am Conservative on my beliefs. I also firmly believe that our political system is broke and full of corruption and maneuvering that is not for the good of the people. Politics are like many other topics that when discussing- you cannot please everyone. Regardless – I will voice my opinion and may possibly cause others to be more aware – and I may learn something from others at the same time.
- I have gotten some good deals using Groupon lately. I bought a $25 dollar Gift Card to a local English-style pub for $12.00. Great deal. Also got a $20 Gift Card to another local restaurant I frequent for lunch for $10.00.
- I just received a box of 50 rounds of .30 Carbine ammo from BulkAmmo.com . Next opportunity I will empty the box thru my M1 Carbine and report back how the stuff shoots.
- If you have not read this article – you should. Many preppers prep for a variety of reasons in mind. It may be because they live in a hurricane prone area of they fear an all out economic collapse. This article discusses potential effects of an EMP attack on the United States from Iran. Interesting is the article is written by a former Revolutionary Guard so he provides some profound insight.
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!