A few random things that have been on my mind:
- I have been watching Swamp People – these guys are nuts. I would never get that close to a 10 foot gator. I love the show though.
- I am looking at getting a HAM radio. In my efforts to network with others – after the “collapse” it would be extremely beneficial to be able to communicate and gather news. I know of others who plan to get HAM radio’s would like to be able to set up a communication network now – to be able to be used later.
- Shot my Smith & Wesson 22A .22LR pistol this past weekend. It was great. Reliable and highly accurate. I need to source some extra magazines and a holster.
- One of my priorities right now is stocking up on ammunition. One way of doing this is every trip I make to Wal-Mart I buy a box of CCI Mini-Mag .22LR. They have the best prices around at under $7.00 a box. Good stuff and my shelf is filling up. I also want to do a lot more shooting – which I typically do when I visit my brother in Georgia.
- My solar panel kit has been mounted on my roof. I need to pick up some extra wiring to complete the job. I purchased the kit from Harbor Freight. More on that later.
- I have been spending some time in a couple of forums lately – SurvivalistBoards.com and BePreparedForum.com. These can be great places to read what others have to say, ask questions as well as provide answers sometimes. I often pick up ideas and bits of information that are pretty valuable.
- New blog with some interesting survival tips – http://ghostprepper.blogspot.com/
- Great resource recently suggested by a loyal reader –http://www.grandpappy.info/hshelff.htm – has some good info on food shelf life.
- The recent attack on 4 teens by a grizzly bear in Alaska just confirms something for me – be armed in the woods. You just never know what is out there – whether it be four legged or two.
- I don’t often talk about politics – but this whole debt limit thing is just ridiculous. My buddy Badvoodoodaddy over at The Retreat wrote on this very subject – check it out HERE.
- Got a chance to do some fishing this past weekend while in Georgia. Was very cool! Many catfish caught.
Alright – gotta hit the sack.
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!