7 things to expect after the SHTF. This is just 7 and there are many more. Most of these would hold true if the SHTF-event was local or national/world. The point of this post is to get people thinking of their own life and lifestyle and go through some mental exercises as to how life would be without this or that – or having to deal with changed circumstances. Visualization will not only assist in preparing but prepare you mentally for what might be coming.
1. No Heat and No Air Conditioning – When the grid goes down millions will find themselves cold in the wintertime and hot in the summer with power to operate central heating and air condition. This is not just a problem regarding temperature but will generate tremendous stress and frustrations.
2. Lack of Sleep – If people have difficulties sleeping worried about paying an upcoming bill, family problems, and issues at work imagine the effect of a SHTF event. Stress, worry, frustration, anger, concern, sadness – all these emotions will be felt and can will take its toll on getting quality sleep.
3. Body Odor – The level of sanitation is surely to be diminished by a substantial amount post-SHTF. No running water and stored water being rationed will result in wearing clothes longer between washings and “showers” being rare. Washing with a hand towel and heated water will be much more commonplace versus jumping in the shower.
4. Weight Loss – Absence or rationing of food will create a massive weight loss that Weight Watchers could only dream of. Not only the absence of food but increased physical activity will contribute to finding clothes not fitting quite the same anymore.
5. Withdrawal From a Lack of Technology – People today are addicted to technology especially their cell phones. Watch people as they stand in line at the grocery store and you will see many checking emails, texts, and Facebook. When it suddenly comes to end people will be shocked into a reality that they will have difficulty handling. Tempers will be short and the lack of instant information will create tremendous problems as people adjust to a very difficult situation.
6. People Will Go Nuts – There are millions of people who are on medication to assist in dealing with stress and depression. When those medications are no longer available on top of having to deal with a very different lifestyle many people will be unable to control whatever condition they have been medicated for. Suicide will dramatically increase in numbers as well as assaults and cases of domestic abuse.
7. Toilet Paper Will Run Out – The good old TP won’t just magically show up in the bathroom. With the average household only having 2-3 days worth of toilet paper it will not take long before people find themselves figuring out what to do.
Still have that old telephone book?
* * * * * * * * * *
These are just a few of the many things that should be expected after the SHTF. Have more suggestions?
Here are a few unique survival & preparedness items from Amazon.com
Baofeng High Capacity Battery 3800mAh – under $18.00 and great spare battery solution
PowerGen USB 2.4 amp Wall Charger – fast charging and works great – I have two
15 pack of P-38 Can Openers – under $8.00
10 Pack of Mini LED Keychain Flashlights – very handy and less than .40 cents each
BCM Survival Fishing Kit – under $8.00
Remember….purchases made earn this site a small commision with no additional expense to you.
Thanks for the support!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Check out the specials going on at Emergency Essentials!!
Emergency Essentials is a legend in the preparedness industry helping people prepare and survive for more than 25 years. They offer great monthly sales with an emphasis on long term food storage. They carry both Mountain House and Provident Pantry freeze dried and dehydrated food.
In a world where every dollar needs to be stretched as far as possible Emergency Essentials is a great way to get the maximum of stuff for as little as possible.
Their monthly sales offer up discounts as high as 70%. My personal favorite to take advantage of are the deep discounted food sales. I have taken advantage of these sales in the past – stocked up on Mountain House Freeze Dried Eggs and Bacon. Tasty! Oh – and who doesn’t want BACON as part of their food storage program? They have it!
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!