There are things that every kid should learn as they grow up. Some of these things are simple matters of convenience. Others may just save a few dollars. More importantly – some may just save the kids life.
As a parent – or maybe a grandparent – it is your responsibility to make sure that kids are prepared for life. With that in mind here are 18 things that each kid should be taught:
- Stand up for yourself
- Build a fire
- Jump start a car
- Check your oil
- Hammer a nail
- Handle a gun
- Plant a seed, grow a vegetable, and eat it
- How to shake hands
- How to manage money
- Keep your commitments – you are not judged on your intentions, you are judged on your actions
- How to determine how much to tip
- Set up a camp site
- How to fish
- How to handle losing, and winning
- How to respect your elders
- Respect the environment
- Cook a steak to perfection
- How and when to fight
- How to have integrity & honor
- Change a tire
My youngest son Christopher from a couple years ago.
No doubt the list could go on and on. What do you think should be added to the list?
Like what you read?
Then you're gonna love my free PDF, 20 common survival items, 20 uncommon survival uses for each. That's 400 total uses for these innocent little items!
Just enter your primary e-mail below to get your link. This will also subscribe you to my newsletter so you stay up-to-date with everything: new articles, ebooks, products and more!